A landscape architect works extensively in the planning and designing of all sorts of outdoor landscapes be it residential, commercial, recreational etc. So, like most jobs, you require years of extensive studying and certification before you can practice. You have probably noticed that becoming landscape architects Perth has become a popular trend. If you are still open to career options and are interested in designing, this can be a good career for you; however, it is important to look through the pros and cons that are associated with the profession before you make your decision.
• The biggest advantages that comes with pursuing a career in landscape architecture is that is pays well. Regardless of whether you are working in a firm or are self-employed, with experience, you will earn more than the average annual income, so the monetary return is high. Plus, the field is still expanding, so there is still room for more growth.
• Since landscape architects Perth cover numerous fields, they can either choose to specialize in a specific field alone for example commercial or recreational or they can work under all aspects of landscaping design. In short, there is a degree of flexibility when it comes to your choice of specialization.
• You get to physically see your designs come to life and ultimately leave your mark.
• Being a landscape architect is not an easy job especially as the scale of your projects increases. Large scale projects will be both physically and mentally taxing and sometimes difficult clients can really make it difficult for you to work on your own pace.
• Like I mentioned in the first point, large scale projects will be time consuming and the more projects you take on, the longer your work hours and, if you work under a firm, you will be working for longer hours in general.continue reading